With the holiday season comes some of the best events of the year. Bluffton comes alive with holiday decor, fun floats and CANDY!
A one-year population increase of about 4,700 people has landed the combined Hilton Head Island, Bluffton and Beaufort area on a list of fastest-growing metropolitan areas from 2013 to 2014.
The region's population grew 2.4 percent, ranking its growth 13th in the country, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, which released the July 1, 2013, to July 1, 2014, population estimates Thursday.
The Myrtle Beach area was ranked second in the country for overall growth -- just after Florida's The Villages -- with a 3.2 percent spike. Charleston-North Charleston, the only other metropolitan area to make the cut in South Carolina, ranked 17th.
A steady stream of new residents is nothing new to the Lowcountry.
Last year, the statistical area composed of…
Daylight Savings is here! Don't forget to set your clocks back this weekend. Check out this info-graphic from Keeping Current Matters regarding the difference an hour makes in the housing market. According to the National Association of Realtors, every hour 634 homes sell, 347 homes regain positive equity and median home values go up $1.46.
Here's what happened yesterday (October 29, 2015) in the Hilton Head Island and Bluffton housing market.
- 14 new properties came on the market
- 14 properties went under contract
- 6 properties closed
Not bad for a day's work!
If you're thinking of buying or selling real estate on Hilton Head Island, Bluffton or the surrounding area, call us at 843-686-4002. We can help!
Have you thought about selling your Hilton Head Island or Bluffton home, but aren’t quite ready to make the leap? Here are some things to consider when deciding if it’s the right time to sell.
- Motivation. “Let’s see how much we can get for it…” Before you test the Bluffton Real Estate market by leaping into a listing, ask for a free home valuation from a Foundation Realty Agent. This is quicker than listing and can even help you choose the right agent when you decide to sell.
- Changing family. One of the biggest motivations for selling is when your family changes size. If your family is growing, or if the children are finally out of the nest, you may consider selling and relocating to a home the right size for your family. Or you may have
Nationwide, new home sales have surged by 5.7% and Bluffton, SC is certainly feeling that surge. Throughout Bluffton, real estate has picked up and new construction is the focus. Communities like May River Preserve, Mill Creek, Heritage at New Riverside, Rose Dhu Creek and Shell Hall are selling homes faster than they can build them.
What does this mean for the home buyer in Bluffton, SC?
- The Median home price of newly constructed homes is currently $292,700.
- Sales are up 5.7% month -over-month and 21.6% year-over-year.
- Due to the lack of inventory, buyers are looking to new homes as an option for purchase.
Call us today to find out more about the Bluffton Real Estate Market. 843.686.4002
Are you ready to retire to Bluffton, SC and downsize your home? Here are some ways to prepare for the move and make the process easier.
- Research your ideal new home. Look into condominiums and senior communities to see if they have benefits you’ll enjoy. Select an easily accessible home with added features like grab bars or non-slip floors to ensure your future comfort.
- Fit your furniture to the space. Chances are you have some larger pieces of furniture that won’t fit in your new home. Keep only essential furniture in good condition.
- Clear out your garage. If you’re moving to a senior community or other organized community, you may not have to worry about yard work. Get rid of tools and equipment you won’t need in your new home, like
If you’re sitting on the fence about listing your Bluffton home for sale, here’s the #1 reason not to wait!
Buyer Demand Continues to Outpace the Supply of Homes for Sale.
According to the National Association of Realtors’ (NAR) Foot Traffic Report, there are more buyers in the market right now than any other time in the past three years. How do we know this? Every month, SentriLock, LLC. provides the National Association of Realtors research data on the number of homes shown by Realtors. Lockboxes made by SentriLock, LLC. are used in roughly a third of home showings across the nation. Foot traffic has a strong correlation with future contracts and home sales, so it can be viewed as a peek ahead at sales trends two to three months into the…