Each year the REALTORS® Association chooses one among them as their Realtor® of the Year. It is not an easy task, and the recipient must meet the following criteria:
This Realtor® should be a member in good standing for the past three years, a full-time licensed active broker or sales licensee working day-to-day in the real estate field, who has demonstrated the following behaviors:
- Is actively involved in civic or community affairs
- Promotes a positive image of the Association and our industry publicly throughout our community
- Demonstrates leadership, earning the respect of fellow Realtors through professional business practices
- Is honest and trustworthy, displaying the highest degree of unquestionable integrity and moral character with associates, clients and the public
- Abides strictly with our Code of Ethics
There were some exceptional candidates this year, and the Realtor® of the Year for 2014, Carl Schroeder of Foundation Realty has met all of the above criteria, and much, much more.
Schroeder has been a member of the Association since 1977 and served as Board President in 1983. Schroeder has remained an active member of the Association, and this year served on the Community Service Committee, Legislative Committee, Candidate Screening Committee and the Economic Development Summit Committee. Respecting the oath of a Realtor® to abide by the Code of Ethics, Schroeder attended mediation training at the South Carolina Realtors Association and serves on the Grievance Committee.
“I know the importance of giving back to the community. I serve as an instructor for New Volunteer Orientation and the Disaster Action Team for the American Red Cross. I am also a member of the Eagle Scout Review Board for the Lowcountry District of the Boy Scouts of America.” said Carl Schroeder, Realtor at Foundation Realty.
This year’s Realtor® of the Year, Carl Schroeder, truly deserves this highest honor that we can bestow on one of our members. Congratulations Carl.
Foundation Realty of Hilton Head Island