With the holidays quickly approaching, sellers often wonder whether to market their property during this busy season. “Many sellers think buyers are preoccupied with holiday festivities to even consider looking at real estate in Bluffton or on Hilton Head Island. This may have been the case years ago, but in today’s world, smartphones and tablets have taken over and travel with their owners to every destination. The reality is, the home buying season is year round.” states Carl Schroeder, 2014 Hilton Head Area Association Realtor of the Year and Foundation Realty team member. Here are a few reasons to list Hilton Head Island Real Estate during the holiday season.
- Beautifully decorated homes appeal to the seller’s emotional side.
- By marketing a property now, there will be a better opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring. This gives the buyer a chance to sell high and buy low.
- Buyers are more inclined to allow for a delayed closing during the holidays.
- Some buyers need to purchase real estate before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- Buyers’ emotions come into play during the holidays and are more likely to pay full price.
- The holidays are a time to relax and unwind, so people who look for a home during this time tend to be serious buyers.
- Serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from which means less competition.
- Many sellers prefer to wait until the first of the year to market their properties. With this influx of new properties in January, there will be less demand for similar homes.
- Serious buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays.
- January is typically the month to begin a new career or relocate to a new area. Having a home marketed during the holidays insures targeting that relocation buyer.
- Showings and open houses can be scheduled around holiday plans.
- Buyers will have smartphones and tablets during the holidays, therefore the search never stops.
Foundation Realty is a dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated to providing clients more than just a location for purchase; they find the property features that speak to each client’s individual lifestyles. Foundation Realty is the number #1 visited real estate website in the Lowcountry of South Carolina and continue to lead the way in Hilton Head Real Estate & Bluffton Real Estate.
Foundation Realty of Hilton Head Island
Support@FoundationRealtyTeam.comRich Neste on